Friday, May 09, 2008

Inventor/ADMS 2009 Custom Libraries

After upgrading to Inventor 2009 and Productstream/Vault 2009, I cannot see my Custom Libraries that were created with Inventor 2008.

What do I need to do to make them work with Inventor 2009?

Open ADMS 2009 on the Server and make a COPY of your existing Library that was created in Inventor/ADMS 2008.
Right Click on your library "AI2008_My Library" and select COPY.



In the COPY LIBRARY dialog box make sure PARTITION is set to AUTODESK INVENTOR 2009, and then type the name of the new Database and then click OK.



After the copy finishes you should have a copy of the Library now in 2009 format. To be used with Inventor 2009.


Now in INVENTOR Project click "Configure Libraries" and then click the "ADD" button and you should see the one you just created.
Click OK to add it to the list of Libraries.


1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Jon Selzer said...

Cool. Nice posting. This will help me. Especially when I upgrade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home